Q-on Battery Balancing Harness
- The Q-on Battery Balancing Harness by Powermode is engineered to protect standby battery packs from the costly damage caused by the repetitive nature of unscheduled power outages in SA
- The prevalence of these outages – often longer than four hours – has exposed one of the Achilles’ heels of standby power devices; the dramatically shortened lifespan of regular lead-acid batteries (including deep-cycle batteries) when subjected to full depletion on a regular basis
The Q-on Battery Balancing Harness by Powermode is engineered to protect standby battery packs from the costly damage caused by the repetitive nature of unscheduled power outages in SA.
The prevalence of these outages – often longer than four hours – has exposed one of the Achilles’ heels of standby power devices; the dramatically shortened lifespan of regular lead-acid batteries (including deep-cycle batteries) when subjected to full depletion on a regular basis.
Now, in a bid to prevent premature battery failure, Powermode is offering the Q-on Management Harness to assist users deal effectively with power unreliability due to the fragile nature of SA’s power grid.
The ‘smart’ battery technology in the Q-on Management Harness monitors and optimises the performance and efficiency of individual batteries in a battery pack on a 24×7 basis.
This is achieved by a dedicated, computerised battery balancing solution that automatically monitors data streams containing information critical to the well-being of individual batteries, including temperature, state of charge and depth of discharge. The tally of the number of discharge/ charge cycles is accurately recorded.
Using this data, the system’s battery performance is able to be balanced and equalised. Should an individual battery’s operating parameters not meet design specifications or fail for any reason the battery is flagged for replacement – thus ensuring the integrity of the pack.
The key to battery longevity – and reduced maintenance – lies in a thorough understanding of the status of individual batteries in a multi-battery pack in terms of their duty cycles and load factors.
The technology featured in the Q-on Management Harness not only distributes and balances the battery load, discharge and charge regimes across all batteries in the pack on a minute-by-minute basis, but also takes steps to ensure that no battery is compromised through over-cycling or a malfunction of any kind.
Q-on UNINTERRUPTIBLE POWER SYSTEM
24 MONTH CARRY-IN LIMTED WARRANTY
LIMITED WARRANTY – CARRY-IN, RETURN-TO-FACTORY
POWERMODE warrants that any Q-on Uninterruptible Power System (“UPS”), excluding UPS Batteries (“BATTERY”) (internal UPS battery and/or external battery cabinet) sold by POWERMODE to a user shall be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of two years (24 months) from date of purchase from POWERMODE. The warranty period for the BATTERY is one year (12 months) from date of purchase from POWERMODE. If any UPS, UPS parts, and/or BATTERY fail to conform or are defective then POWERMODE, at its option, will repair or replace such parts. This LIMITED WARRANTY is offered on a return-to factory, carry-in basis. Repair turn-around is10-20 working days from receipt.
OUT OF BOX FAILURE
POWERMODE, at its option, will replace, by advance swop-out, any goods found to be defective within SEVEN DAYS from date on invoice providing such goods were not damaged in transit or by any condition as stipulated in 1 and 3 below.
LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
- This LIMITED WARRANTY shall not cover the UPS, UPS parts, or BATTERY during their respective warranty periods, if storage, maintenance, regular preventative maintenance, installation and operating conditions are not met throughout the warranty period.
- Travel, travel time and on-site labour in normal hours or overtime time hours are separately billable and do not form part of this warranty.
- This LIMITED WARRANTY does not cover damage or defect caused by misuse, improper application, improper environment, incorrect or over or inadequate electrical current/voltage/frequency, power surges, power spikes, inadequate connections, output or input short circuits, water damage, humidity or corrosion, flash-over failure due to dust or particulates, user negligence, repair by non- POWERMODE designated personnel, damage during shipment, tampering, alterations, a change in UPS and/or BATTERY location or application, exposure to the elements, acts of God, force majure, theft, sabotage, installation contrary to POWERMODE’s recommendations or specifications (Published Operation Manuals), also if serial numbers have been altered, defaced, or removed.
- Repair or replacement of a defective UPS, UPS part, and/or BATTERY does not extend the respective original warranty period. All defective UPS, UPS parts, and/or BATTERIES shall be the property of POWERMODE upon replacement.
- This warranty shall constitute the sole and exclusive remedy of all purchasers and users of the UPS, UPS part, and/or BATTERY. POWERMODE’s responsibility for UPS, UPS Parts, and/or BATTERY shall not exceed one times the net UPS and/or BATTERY purchase price.
POWERMODE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER EXPRESS, STATUTORY AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.